Friday, January 29, 2010

Everyday Good Food

Good food for good health can be as simple or complex as one would make it. I choose simple, especially when it comes to food choices. Simple doesn't have to be boring too. Just look at all the various shapes, attractive colors, and wonderful smell of fruits and vegetables!...aaahhh.
We don't have to look far, what's readily available to us is most probably the best for us. Picking fruits from our backyard trees and vegetables from our garden is the most practical; or if we don't have our own, we can buy from the nearest farmer or produce store.
I do love to eat chicken and fish once in a while. But here are my usual choices for everyday food that's inexpensive, simple to prepare and nourishing:


Bananas, mangoes (much cheaper during summer) melon or watermelon, plantain banana (for cooking), sweet potatoes;


vegetable salad ingredients like: iceberg lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, jicama; there's a lot more out there, but these are what I usually buy.

2 comments:

  1. Eating less expensively is hard. I am trying to grow my own vegetables and eat more beans for protein. Good luck I will keep checking on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Crochet Novice! I don't grow my own vegetables, but I'm lucky enough to have some fruit trees here...I also eat lots of beans :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!