Friday, April 2, 2010

Three Veggies Stir-fry

This is my favorite way of cooking veggies. I hardly have the patience to cook elaborate dishes, but I also don't want to eat packaged or canned foods. Sometimes I do include a canned vegetable, when I'm in a hurry or when I wasn't able to buy it fresh from the market.
I limit the ingredients when I cook, to make it simpler but not to sacrifice the taste or nutrition. I used to overdo it when I have just stocked on veggies, and then I realize that I have few left to cook another dish or add to my fresh salad. So my rule for myself is to have 3 kinds of vegetables in my stir-fry, no more - no less. This does not include the garlic and onions, which are the basic ingredients and the herbs if I have them.


For today, I have some broccoli, red bell pepper and canned mushrooms. I'm also using leeks instead of white onion.


I saute the garlic first in 4T olive oil and 1T sesame oil.
Then I stir-fry the veggies, adding the broccoli first since it takes longer to cook. I don't really follow an exact procedure or recipe everytime I cook. After the veggies are done, I add the spices (oregano, basil and salt) and some Kikkoman soy sauce.

4 comments:

  1. tara nang kumain :) looks yummy...i love veggies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, that looks really good! I just made some pancit yesterday (my second time making it). I put mushrooms, cabbage, and carrots. I also added chinese sausage because I love it! that might not be so healthy, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!