Friday, June 30, 2017

Cold brew coffee - try it at home!

Cold Brew Barako Coffee
Barako coffee


It is somewhat of a new trend in making coffee...so even if I'm not an avid coffee drinker I thought, why not try it?... I googled how to cold brew coffee and it is as simple as it sounds...because you don't need a coffee-maker! No particular tool is needed, only some patience in preparing and waiting to drink the first cup that you made. Now if you're going to drink it regularly, you can make a big jar of cold brew coffee, good for consuming within a week.You just need to prepare in advance, then you can relax and enjoy your coffee!
For a quicker version, omit grinding beans - buy (preferably coarse) ground coffee. At the supermarket, I chose Barako, a specialty coffee from Batangas, Philippines. (It is the more affordable coffee too, since the imported ones are pricey.)
Simple steps: Measure 1 liter of purified water, put 1/2 cup of ground coffee, stir, cover and refrigerate for 24 hrs. The next day, strain at least twice to get only the liquid coffee (I used a juice strainer first, and then a disposable coffee filter. You can keep the brewed coffee for up to a month in the fridge. You can drink it warm or cold, just add ice or add some water and warm it.

How did it taste? I'm not much into coffee, but I like it! it has no bitter taste and even has a slight sweetness. I shouldn't be drinking more than a half-cup of coffee since I tend to have stomach trouble...but I think drinking coffee does stimulate the mind and makes one feel more energetic, so a little coffee a day is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!